Thanks for visiting our support page. Here, you’ll find the basic steps to solve the most common app issues. If you need more help, see Next Steps for additional software support.
While the following troubleshooting guide was written for the iPad and iPhone/iPod Touch, the same general steps apply to most devices. For more specific advice, see the manufacturer’s website.
- If the app is open, click the Home button to exit the app.
- Next, double click the Home button to see all of the apps that are currently open.
- If you’re using iOS 7, swipe left or right to find the app you want to close and then swipe the preview screen up to close it. If you’re using iOS 6, touch and hold the icon until it begins to jiggle. Then, tap the red negative sign in the corner to close it.
- Click the Home button to return to the home screen and re-launch the app.
If you’re still having problems, we’ll be glad to help. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- The type and model of your device. (i.e. iPhone 3G, iPad 2, etc.).
- Which version of the iOS you’re using (See Settings>General>About>Version on your device).
- The app and the version you’re using (See Settings>Usage>App Title).
- When the problem occurs. (i.e. On startup, or when you attempt a specific action, etc.).